Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010 - Pencil or Pen?



Yesterday was the Lioness and so today is the Lion!

While doing this piece I thought about why I like to use the ball point pen over the pencil. I get asked why I prefer the pen over the pencil almost everyday. I think the reason I like to use the pen: is that you learn to live with your mistakes and you learn how to make effective use of every stroke. Everytime you mark the paper it is permanent and therefore you learn to make your earliest marks with the pen to be light and sensitive. Also you learn to make effective use of each stroke because unlike pencil you cannot scribble in a few things and smear it.

I believe that if you are a young artist trying to get better at your craft then it would benefit you to start by using a pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment