Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome to my new blog!

The Value of keeping a journal:

The picture here is from my journal (Volume 20) and it is a conceptcual drawing of a potential painting for my Niece's birthday.



Want to be a better artist?

Over the past four years I have been keeping a journal - the old fashion blog - and each day I've included thoughts, ideas and of course sketches. I have done this daily and the changes I have gone through and experienced has made me a better person.

I made this blog in hopes that by my daily drawings you'll be inspired to do the same and will want to take up drawing on a daily basis. I hope that you enjoy my work and will get into the habit of writing/drawing on a daily basis.

The final piece:


"Spirit of Wind", 24" x 48", Acrylic on Masonite

The above is why I keep a journal, to record techniques, ideas and inspirations. This painting took maybe 2 hours to physically paint but I've been learning how to do this long before it was even a sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment