Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24th, 2010 - Nose and Lips...every little detail!

May 24, 2010


So the weekend is over and the week starts again! Our weekend was great and we were able to spend a great deal of time with our Church which is really nice.

So, new week, new drawings - I am still engrossed with the anatomy of the horse and today I have begun working on the lips and nose. This is an area that is so unique to the horse. I have done a few drawings of the mouth and lips already and each time I get a better understanding of it. Just like everything else, if you get it right - no one will notice yet if you mess it up it can destroy your work as your viewer's eye will notice something wrong. So, as I have said before, my goal here is to make the best depiction of the horse that I can.

In fact, this wednesday morning we are heading to a friend's home to take photos of horses and to do some jesture sketches to help understand the horse in movement. All of these little studies and drawings will soon come together! My new painting that is underway - I am determined - will be my best work yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment